Saturday, June 11, 2011

summer has arrived.

I am going to start off by warning you about the randomness and/or shortness of this post for two reasons....

1)  It is past 1 a.m. and I am sure sleepiness will set in at ANY minute seeing that I am normally snoozing by 10 or 11 p.m.
....aannddd.....
2)  I may or may not be watching New Moon on HBO....and I can't lie when I say, at times, Jacob is slightly distracting in this movie....

I guess I will start from where I left off at the last blog.  Last weekend was fairly eventful....Friday night Gerad and I got our date night on with dinner and a movie on West 7th.  After dinner at La Familia we had some time to kill before The Hangover 2 started, so we strolled over to Boomerjack's and hung out with Katy and Dustin for a while.  Saturday morning we had to be in Saginaw at 10:30 to pick out "colors" on our house.  This task started off fairly easy when it came to granite, paint color, appliances and back splash.  When we moved on to carpet and tile it got slightly more difficult and stressful.  But let me tell you....by the time we were working on outside brick, stone and paint color....I was full on sweating from the stress.  The outside of the house is the very first thing people see....and for most people it is THE ONLY thing they see...EVER.  I mean we only had so many bricks to choose from that are "available" right now and then we couldn't go with any of them that were on either side of our house lot or across the street.  On top of that, seeing them with stone we didn't care for or without stone at all completely changed the game as well.  Talk about stress...but luckily just when we had given in and decided to drive out to Mansfield where there is an addition FULL of Bloomfield homes, as opposed to Creekwood, which has had about 5 different builders in it throughout the building process.  Anyways, we got an email the next day with several pictures of model homes with different bricks and stones, we sorted through the pictures and FINALLY....we found THE brick and it was paired with THE perfect stone.  Now all that is left to do pick an outside paint trim color and sit down with our final meeting with the builders...and then building is officially underway.  After that excitement stress we sat down for a quick lunch at Flip's then were off to get Gerad a haircut. 

That night we went and played a little poker with some co-workers/friends and Gerad lost $40 in about 20 minutes....needless to say from then on out it was a long night for him, seeing how it was MY co-workers.  Either way, he was a sport and let me stay and visit with friends...I ended up having a great time, regardless of the drop in our bank account. 

Sunday, I attended worked my first SHS graduation at the FW Convention Center...and it was so great watching my seniors graduate and start their first steps toward life after high school.  I had three seniors on my varsity gymnastics team and they were ALL three top 10% in their class...at a 5A high school....that. is. AMAZING.  Those three made me so proud in and out of the gym ALL year long, so it was a great feeling to watch two of them give the introduction and prayer and then watching all three of them walk across the stage.  I will miss those girls next year, but I do know that ACU, Texas A&M and Tarleton will be getting three AWESOME additions to their campuses.  After graduation I came home and cleaned up the apartment and got ready for Aimee, my college roomie & matron of honor to come stay with us for a few days.  The eventful-ness continued throughout the week....but I will save that for a later blog. 

P.S.--I hope you all like the new facelift I gave my blog!  I FINALLY figured it out...in between games of Mario on the Wii....aaahhh sweet summertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment