Monday, April 25, 2011

begging for relief.

I have been tempted to blog many, many times the past few late nights/early early mornings....buuuutttt I decided against it because I didn't want to wake my sleeping husband and/or daughter.  I guess I had much rather toss and turn in the dark begging for relief from the extreme pain and discomfort in my lower back and legs.  The past few weeks have literally been a living nightmare for me....and probably everyone else that has to be around me, especially my poor husband and mother.  As some of you may know, I have a herniated disc in my lower back...L2 to be exact.  It seemed to be under control and causing minimal daily pain during the few months leading up to the wedding, so per my doctors orders, I slowly stopped taking my medicine, which works as a nerve blocker.  When the pain came back around March, I made an appointment and he put me back on my medicine and prescribed a higher dosage of pain medicine.  Well....April is here (and almost gone) and the pain has only managed to get worse.  Why exactly is this a living nightmare you ask....? Because I am sure everybody lives with some discomfort here and there....and I am sure there are people worse off than I am.  But the problem I am having is not being able to participate in 3 things that I love with a passion due to back pain....
First, working out--now don't get me wrong, I can go work out, and if I am careful, there is minimal pain at the time....but the next day is a whole another story.  I have tried every class and activity under the sun and there doesn't seem to be too much that doesn't flare up the problem within 24 hours.  Second is spotting.  My back pain is making it difficult impossible to spot without pain or fear that I will injure it even more.  The doctor has obviously asked me to stop spotting until my appointment next week, but sometimes that is a very difficult thing to do as a gymnastics coach.  It's hard to remind yourself to stay on the side lines all the time...when you just want to jump in and be there for your athletes.  Last but not least....SLEEPING.  The more I do the previous two, the less I sleep....and even then, some nights I still don't sleep without tossing, turning and waking up every hour.  Now at this point you may be wondering why I don't just take a pain pill and stop whining....or you may have stopped reading due to complete lack of interest....either way....this is my blog, take it or leave it.  Back to my pain pills...apparently they bring on massive migraines.  So while sleeping through the night is UH-mazing, waking up puking/nauseated with a pounding headache and extreme sensitivity to light and noises....is not so uh-mazing.  Such a dilemma, I know.  I am hoping Dr. Kay and his injections can give me some relief....soon!


And speaking of injury related topics...if you are on my fantasy team and reading this....TAKE CAREFUL NOTES:

You need to get well and stay well....5 players on the DL 3 weeks in is NOT. OK.  Joe Mauer....is weakness in the legs SERIOUSLY your problem? COME ON...you make millions, you and your "weak" legs suck it up and earn your pay.  Feliz, Martinez and Longoria....please hurry back.  Phill Hughes...I don't care when you come back, I traded you.

Next up....photos from my newest obsession, PAINTING WITH A TWIST!  SO SO SO much fun!  My mom and I went to our first session Saturday night while Gerad and his groomsmen, plus our dads, plus a few other friends were at the Ranger game.  We painted a red cross with scrolls and I cannot say that I am 100% happy...but it was still ALOT of fun!



I am going this Saturday with Mindi and have already scheduled one in May with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law....pictures of those paintings to come!

Just because I am picture happy...I snapped this on Ella's 4 month old birthday....I hope you enjoy looking at this cutie as much as I do....


This was her helping mom get ready for work....she really is the absolute sweetest puppy you will find.

Weeelllll....even though I haven't blogged about the activity that has been dominating our life time...I will be saving that for next time...it is a whole another blog.  Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment