Monday, February 21, 2011

long time no blog.

Ok, so let me start off by clarifying that I DO realize the point of a blog is to consistently update friends and family on the happenings of your life....however, when your life consists of moving, getting married and working 55 hour weeks on the regular....blogging may or may not go by the wayside.  My apologies.  Now....where to start??

Two weekends ago Gerad and I (and Jeremy) moved from the third story of one apartment building....to the third story of another.  YUCK.  Then, mid-move, Saturday afternoon I had my third wedding shower in Saginaw. It was hosted by the men's gymnastics coach's wife, the head volleyball coach and my sweet varsity girls.  The shower was extremely successful and I we got ALOT of awesome gifts that I cannot wait to use...in 5 or so months, when we are new home owners!  Anyhow, moving right along....after the shower, we continued the miserable move.  Now, I failed to mention that my poor fiance was diagnosed with the flu the Thursday BEFORE the Friday that we began this move....double yuck. 

Sunday morning, my mom and I woke up to drive to Abilene to take my bridals with my Matron of Honor Aimee and of course, my photographer (and friend) Jason!  Can I just say that they turned out UH-MAZING?!?  I literally cannot sing Jason's praise enough...and if you don't believe me, you should ABSOLUTLEY check out his blog and/or website.  And speaking of blog, I don't know who is more excited to post a few teasers of my bridals on their blog, me or him!  But that will just have to wait another 5 or so days...and seeing how I will be flying to the Riviera Maya with my fiance husband in 6 days, I am guessing Jason will beat me to the punch on posting. 

So I am now going to take this time to do some wedding talk.  I literally cannot believe my wedding is SO close.  It is a day I have been thinking about almost my entire life....whether it be playing dress up at 3 or crying myself to sleep one night because I never wanted to grow up, get married and leave my daddy.  Just to clarify, I was only about 5 or 6 at this point....but it is a very long running joke in our family that I will only get married if we are allowed to live with my parents forever.  The funny part is, I remember that night like it was yesterday.  And although I have no idea what triggered the sudden fear in me that someone was going to force me to get married and move away from my dad, I do know that at some point I would be crazy to not wish that one day our little girl (or boy) feels the same way about Gerad (or I).

Well, that is about all of the time I have for now, so I am going to go ahead and apologize for the lack of excitement in this blog and the next one I will try to make more exciting.....hopefully.  Coming up next...
  • pictures of my previous 2 wedding showers
  • pictures of this past weekend's birthday festivities
  • my very, very current case of puppy fever
  • my varsity girls season (up till this point)
  • aannnddd let's be serious, probably more wedding talk.  That is if I make it back to the blog world before the actual wedding!
5 days and counting till I am a Morris! 

No comments:

Post a Comment