Friday, February 4, 2011

If you wanna hear God laugh.

the saying "if you wanna hear God laugh tell Him your plans" couldn't be more fitting these past few days.  If it isn't being sick, it's the bad weather...and frankly, I am getting a little fed up with both.  I know He has a plan for everything and is 100% in control, but knowing that and trusting that (without worry) are two different stories.

As of now, my Abilene shower is still on and we are hoping the roads clear up so that friends and family are able to attend.  My mom talked to my mother-in-law to be and her, Gerad's aunt and Gerad's grandmother are all still planning on coming to the shower if the roads allow.  That piece of news was enough to lift my sick spirits some, just knowing I would get to see all three of them tomorrow and that they care enough to brave the cold, the snow and ice to be here.  Have I mentioned how lucky I am to marry into that family?!?

I was supposed to take my bridal portraits this upcoming Sunday, but earlier today my mom and I decided to go ahead and cancel the shoot.  At first I was sure I could make it through a few hours of smiling and posing...but when it comes down to it, let's be serious....a shower wears me out, let alone hauling around a 10 (give or take a few) lb dress.  So, what does that mean you ask?  Weellll....it means next weekend I will leave Saturday afternoon, after my Saginaw shower, to drive back to Abilene and take bridals the next day.  Now in theory, this doesn't sound like THAT big of a deal....but what I haven't mentioned is the fact that we are moving into a different apartment that weekend.  Needless to say, I am just trying to get through this one day at a time. 

On another note, I am SUPER ready for my fiance to come home.  I miss him terribly and just really don't do that well with being apart from him.  It's pathetic I know, but can I blame part of it on being sick?  Anyways, I am off to read The Twilight Saga(for the 5th time, but who's counting?) on my shiny new Kindle Reader.  I will leave you all with a picture of what is on my mind....Gerad, and warmer weather. 



1 comment:

  1. welcome to the blog world...and i think its safe to say "your a natural!" Enjoy reading your blogs! =)

    ReplyDelete